Monday, January 7, 2008
My Bible Blunder
This is coming totally out of left field probably but I need to get this off my chest. Hate confessions unless its something juicy about someone else (tee hee!) but I think I am the only one in our whole huge church who doesn't know the order of the books of the bible. When ever Mac says "turn to...." I have to look around at every one and see if they're paging towards the front or towards the back. That usually doesn't work so I have to find the index that lists the page number I need and then turn to what ever book of the bible I need to be in. Usually by that time they've already moved on or it's totally quiet and all you can hear are my bible pages flapping in the wind! I thought of investing in those stick on tabs that you can mark the pages with but there so many all clustered together it would probably be easier to just stick with the table of contents. Am I alone on this one? I kind of feel like I am. Guess that's why I'm blogging it. And yes, yes, yes...I have tried to memorize them. Not working. My teen years have completely destroyed my memory!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Kelly your not alone with this problem. It gets embarrassing at Bible Study when I dont know where to look things up. Keep the faith, at least your going to church, thats more than I can say.
Jimbo
I learned a song... couldn't sing it for you now. But at one point I knew a song. Ha ha.
Could you just leave your Bible at home and listen? or is it expected that you follow along? I think marking the table of contents would be acceptable and then maybe the place between the old and new?
Post a Comment