Well, it's that time of year again. New Year's resolutions. I never really put much thought into them or tried to follow them. What's the point of making more unattainable goals for myself? Since I vegged out this past New Year's Eve I had some time to think about what my resolutions would be if I were a resolution type of gal. None of this eat right and exercise phooey either.
1. Write my book. I've always enjoyed writing and think it would be fun (?) I don't think I would write a fiction book. Probably more of a funny about me book. Of course it would make the New York Time's Best Seller List. Yeah, right. There is usually not much to tell. Go to work, do dishes, a load of laundry, check email and go to bed. Can't forget Thursday's Greys Anatomy, church on Saturday night, and Sunday's Housewives. Hence, my blog title, Another day of Paradise. Guess my readers and I will settle for this blog. For now anyways.
2. Finish up (if there is such a thing) my Genealogy research. I had gotten a good start a few years back when Brady had a family tree project for school. I think that is where I left off! I did have a little luck online once and found a posting from who I think may be my mothers cousin . He was requesting some info if anyone had any and also gave some good info that I printed. That's about as far as I got. I figure if I don't do this, there could be a lot of lost history at stake. I have a good handle on my mom's side but to be honest with you, I don't even know the names of my great grandparents on my dad's side! What kind of mother would I be if I couldn't teach my children their heritage? I suppose there are worst things but I do feel it is important.
Hmmm. That's two "could have been" resolutions if I were a resolution type of gal. I know I had four but the other two escape me at the moment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment