I am soooooooo bad! I can't believe its been over a month since my last post! Oh, who am I kidding, I totally believe it. Life has really been a ball of cherries lately let me tell ya! Since my last post, Sam got the flu, then I got the flu, then Sam got pneumonia, then I ended up car-less, then.... well, you can just imagine. I won't go on and on.
Tomorrow is my last day of work at the Emma B. Howe YMCA in Coon Rapids. Ugh, I can hardly believe it. I started my journey there July 1, 1996. Time flies. I will still work for the YMCA but they centralized all us admin jockeys and are placing us at what they call the ATC (Association Training Center). It's in a brand new portion of the building and it's beautiful. All new desks, computers with duel monitors, etc. But.... it won't be the same.
A lot of special relationships where created with my co-workers and I miss them already. Caytie moved over to the Andover Y to run their office. Lisa is staying back to handle the Coon Rapids office, our receptionist Taryn put in her two weeks. Our Desk supervisor Heidi put in her two weeks, a bunch of other desk staff quit. On a good note, I'm bringing Jan, Laura, Nicole, Carolyn, and Shelly with me down to the ATC.
The drive - there is a new issue in my life! I've been so spoiled with the two mile drive for 11 years! It's not that bad, right off of 280 on Hennepin so it's just south of the St. Anthony neighborhood I think. But still, I'm not used to it and I recently went from a Ford Expedition
to a little beater mini van. I keep imagining the old flat tires exploding as I white knuckle it down 35W. Sometimes the fake plexi glass window distracts me from that awful thought when the duct tape gets loose and flaps in the wind! hee hee.
Let's hope I make it through tomorrow with no tears.
Oh such is life. What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger. Well, I am one tough son of a bitch lately!
Any whooooooo...I promise (Caytie) I will be better at keeping my blog updated from now on. Lord knows I can ramble on when I need to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I thought about you today!!
I miss you too.
Post a Comment