I made it through yesterday okay. I can't believe my desk is empty. My eyes only welled twice. Monika took me to lunch and gave me hug when we got back. That was the first time. The second was when I left with my final boxes. I'll have to say my eyes more than welled; there were actual streams of tears coming down! Taryn told me jokes until I pulled it together so I could make the final walk out with a bit of dignity. After I left, I drove about 7 boxes of files and plants down to the new office. I don't know what I am going to do with all my stuff. My new desk is literally about 6 times smaller. No joke.
Samantha will be going to the Y this summer for her child care so I do get to come back twice a day for drop off and pick up. It will be weird, however, to not have a place to sit and throw the purse down and kick back for a while if I wanted to. I'm sure there will be new staff and pretty soon I won't know anyone and it will be like I was never there. Seems sad to think about it that way but I guess we all make sacrifices in the name of progress. If, in fact, this is progression ???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know what you mean. I think I will have some ties with Emma B for a while because Lisa and I back each other up but it will be weird.
I am planning to travel down to the ATC soon with Lisa to check out the new facilities and introduce her to the HR staff. So we will plan to stop in and see you as well. Should we plan to do lunch?
Take care! Google me soon! :)
Post a Comment